Eat pray love and repeat

'Why do you travel alone? there’s no way that it’s fun’ 
(with such a disbelieve face that i did not expect)

Today is my third day in Bali, and i have been picking up similar comments from my conversation with strangers.

It’s almost funny though, to hear this in 2018, in an island where lots of its female tourist come from around the world just to have their own solo ‘eat pray love’ adventure.



Oh well, It’s been years since my last solo trip. And i just realized that i miss it A LOT. Being a 30-something grown-up and pretend to look like responsible adult in daily basis can be hard sometimes. I found myself stuck (if not glued) to a routine, to the point that i just don’t know who i am and what am i doing anymore ( pardon me if i sound like a lost teenager now). Not trying to be too dramatic, but I feel that parts of me are missing, piece by piece.



Being an millennial, of course i have to google my way out.
That's when i came across that famous instagram quote: 'Sometimes you need to get lost to find yourself’ 
And it was just that simple, on the next hour i have booked my self  a solo trip to Bali. 



Going solo is like taking a local train instead of Shinkansen.
It can be fun, it can be boring. 
It may take times, but the most important things is it gives you a chance to stop.
To look around, to look beyond.



I hopped into that train three days ago.
Going fast going slow going out at as many stops as i wanted to.



And i do.
I do find that pieces of me in here, in Bali. 
In a deep of a blue sea, swimming with thousand of sparkling fishes, sun bathing with million of white sands on the edge of a pristine beach.



So, 
Wherever you are
Whoever you are
Single ladies, single mom, happily married, waiting for your 4th child, jobless, too much work to do
dreaming for holiday, have too many holiday, 20’s, 30’s, hell, 60’s..



Get yourself lost in a calm morning market in Yogjyakarta, 
or in a hustle bustle metro in Hongkong.
In a cotton candy sunset in Hamburg 
to bright chirping sunrise in Bandung.

In a long steep step near Barcelona,

between mountains in Grindelwald and on a boat through lake Toba.


And i hope you find pieces of yourself.
Wherever you are
Wherever you go.

Ps. don’t stop looking.

~F

Comments